Oskar Reinhart used to enjoy a coffee under the beautiful chestnut trees in his garden. It was there, in the shade provided by the trees' thick foliage, that he was able to simply indulge in being idle, to revel in art and nature. He had sculptures deliberately placed in the park grounds of the "Am Römerholz" villa to allow the interior and exterior worlds of his collection merge into a natural whole.
You can experience the immediate peace and the enchanting beauty of the museum park for yourself. In the summer months (May - October) we are now offering you the opportunity to pick a quiet spot under one of the trees, complete with a picnic basket from the museum café. We have prepared three spaces in the flower meadow and in the shade of the trees for this purpose. The Impressionists would have approved: We have furnished each space with a large blanket and soft pillows. By reviving the French art of the Déjeuner sur l'herbe in this way, we want to also bring energize the idea of being able to flee the hustle-&-bustle of day-to-day life for a few hours.
• Choose between five different picnic baskets, each of which is connected to works in the collection by theme.
• Whether there are just two of you, or you're a group of friends or family - there's something for everyone.
• You can pick up your picnic basket between Wednesday and Sunday at any time during opening hours in the museum café.
• Order at least 24 hours in advance of your desired pick-up time.
• When you purchase a picnic, we give you a reduced entrance price to the museum, into the bargain.
Order your picnic basket here: